Wednesday 11 April 2012

An Englishman and Irishman and a Welshman walk into a bar...

...or in our case, a school, and we are all female. Funnily enough, it still makes for a pretty good joke. I'm the English one. And the writer of this blog. I'm an English teacher at a small yet perfectly formed school in the south of Italy and most of the time I am rather frightened of computers. And technology in general to be honest. Yet the only real way to share my thoughts and comments on the wonders of the south (yes, many of these wonders are in tight coloured trousers and heels, with terribly expensive designer bags...and that's just the men) is by attempting a blog. 
I'm not too sure about the topics or layout- again, let me emphasise the slight technophobe element here- so especially at the beginning it could be a major mish mash of comments and questionable photography, but I'll give it my best shot.
I'm pretty sure you can guess two of my favourite things about Italy by my blog title, but of course, there's far more to it than that. I've been living here for almost 18 months now, and it has definitely been an exciting, mozzarella fuelled experience so far. I aim to write honestly and openly, giving as much information as possible about this fantastic part of the world. There may be some cursing at the computer at first (because honestly, it's doing everything wrong, not me) but I shall persevere! I hope you enjoy...
The one on the left speaks better English than me. And has better fashion sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment